In 1940 the Chamber of Commerce was founded in Bondi Junction and established its motto “United for the Common Good” placing the interests of the businesses and providing amenities for the community.
Presently the Bondi and Districts Chamber of commerce represents more than 6,000 registered businesses and 12 different business categories in the Bondi region, one of the largest business communities in Australia. Our geographic area encapsulates Bondi Junction, Bondi, Bondi Beach, Waverley, Bellevue Hill, Dover Heights, Tamarrama and Queens Park. The number of registered businesses is expected to double by 2013.
We provide memberships that are specific to the business community and support business. By lobbying local government on behalf of the businesses and representing them within the community.
Through forums such as the Waverley Business Forum,
Business Breakfasts and Business After Hours events hosted by the Bondi
and Districts Chamber, we receive first hand feedback on relevant
issues, needs and expectations from the businesses in the community.
What it means for you?
- We place customer experience at the core of all we do
- We are committed to our business community
- We are the Voice for the business community
- We give back to the community
- We strive continually to improve
- We build and strengthen relationships with local businesses, local council, local members and the community
- We prioritise Innovation as part of day to day Culture
- We practice integrity and transparency
- In 1940, the Bondi Junction Chamber was established
- In 1960, the Bondi Beach Chamber was established
- In 1990, the Bondi Junction Chamber celebrates its 50th Anniversary
- In 1992, the Bondi Tourism Committee, Bondi Junction Chamber and Bondi Beach Chamber were amalgamated to form the Bondi and Districts Chamber
- In 2000, the Bondi Chamber celebrates its 60th Anniversary
- In 2009, the annual Winter Magic event was established
- In 2013, the Bondi App was launched